Low Fodmap Chicken Quesadillas
For me, the key to surviving on Low Fodmap is finding ways to make my favorite foods that I used to enjoy before. I love Mexican food! I’ve been making these a lot lately with Kyle because they are pretty low-maintenance and I have been rather unmotivated to cook in my third trimester.
1 chicken breast
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Frozen Pepper Blend
4 Corn Tortillas
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or your preference of quesadilla cheese)
Cilantro Sour Cream:
1/4 cup Sour Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt
1 T. chopped fresh cilantro
1 Avocado (if tolerable to you on Low Fodmap)
1 t. garlic-infused olive oil
The juice from 1/2 of a fresh lime
salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook chicken breast. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Cut into strips & set aside.
- Spray skillet with some oil, sauté pepper blend (no onions!) on Medium-high heat. Set aside once browned.
- Spray skillet with some oil again, add corn tortillas. As tortilla heats, arrange cooked peppers, chicken, and mozzarella cheese to your preferences.
- Once the cheese is melty, fold the tortillas in half (or on top of each other). Let it warm 30 seconds-1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- For cilantro sour cream, simply combine the ingredients and enjoy. (I don’t always have sour cream on hand, but I have found that plain greek yogurt tastes almost exactly the same! Just don’t let yourself remember that you are putting yogurt on your quesadilla if that’s weird to you.)
- For guacamole: Core avocado and place into a small dish. Add the remaining ingredients. (In my opinion, the lime really does need to be fresh.) WARNING: some people are not bothered by a little bit of avocado on Low Fodmap, others are very bothered by it. Be careful if you choose to try some guacamole! I, personally, can only have a very little bit.
I love that I can buy this in the store! There are no onions in this pepper blend which makes it very convenient for us!…