I used to LOVE cole slaw for it’s fresh, crunchy, cold addition to any lunch. I must say I do miss it. But, I have really been enjoying lately Trader Joe’s Broccoli Slaw. The best thing is, it is pre-packaged so it makes eating vegetables easier. (Which, let’s be honest, makes us more likely to eat vegetables.) Here are some of my favorite ways to dress it up or down. No matter how I prep it, I leave it in a tupperware in my fridge and it lasts me about 3-5 days (that’s how long it takes for me to eat it).
- Any Fodmap-friendly salad dressing (if you can find one!), or a homemade vinaigrette.
- Try making a vinaigrette with your favorite fruit juice, some olive oil, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Add sesame seeds or poppy seeds
- Try some sesame oil in a vinaigrette
- Add some chopped strawberries, orange, grapefruit, or other fruit.
- I’ve never done this, but I’ve seen some people online sauté it and make it into a hot, savory, side dish. If I were to try this, I would start with just some olive oil, salt & pepper and see where that takes me.