The only meatloaf I will eat
I make this meatloaf with my grandma’s sauce recipe. I think that’s why it’s so good! But if you aren’t snobby about your sauce like I am, I’m sure you’ll like whatever sauce you are used to. I also love how low in weight watchers points this is! And you can make it gluten-free by substituting the bread crumbs with brown rice instead.
Adapted from Cooking Light Magazine Online
3.5 points a serving (12 servings)
• 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
• 1 cup fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce, divided
• 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
• 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 large egg whites
• Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine beef, 1/2 cup pasta sauce, and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl. Shape beef mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Brush remaining 1/2 cup pasta sauce over top of meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut loaf into 12 slices.
Simple substitute the bread crumbs with an equal amount of instant brown rice! Then, if you divide the recipe by 8, it’s 3 points each serving.