Banana Oat Bread Pudding
August 16, 2010
I might try this next.
By the looks of the ingredients, this will be relatively healthy. For 16 servings:
Calories: 132, Fat: 4.3 g, Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g, Protein: 3.3 g
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/2 cups lowfat milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- In a large bowl, break bread into small pieces. Add oats and milk; stir. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking pan.
- To the milk mixture add: butter, bananas, brown sugar and raisins (if desired). Stir just to combine and pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45-55 minutes, or until pudding has set. Cool before serving.